Naturalist Activity Badge
To gain this Badge, Cub Scouts must complete three of the following:
- Make a survey of a hedgerow or wild area. Be able to identify at least six species of wild flowers, grasses or ferns.
- Keep a record of birds you have spotted over one week. Be able to identify at least six wild birds.
- Make a survey of a pond, river, stream or seashore. Be able to identify some of the animals, fish, insects or plant life you find.
- Be able to identify six types of insect you find.
- Identify six different trees or shrubs from their leaves, shape, fruit or nuts and make a bark rubbing.
- Identify six butterflies, moths or frogs and talk to a leader about their life cycle