Map Reader Activity Badge
To gain this badge, Cub Scouts must complete the following:
- Understand how to use the key of an Ordnance Survey map.
- Be able to use six-figure grid references.
- Explain how to find north on a map and how to set a map to north.
- Locate your home and Pack meeting place on an Ordnance Survey or street map.
- Understand contour lines on an Ordnance Survey map.
- Be able to identify ten Ordnance Survey map symbols.
- Use an Ordnance Survey map during an outdoor activity.
- Know the first eight points of a compass and use them during an outdoor activity.