Home Safety Activity Badge
To gain this badge, Cub Scouts must complete the following:
- Know what to do in the event of a burst water pipe, gas leak or electricity power failure in your home.
- Know what precautions you need to take and what to do if fire breaks out in you home.
- Be able to identify the common causes of accidents in the home and how they can be prevented.
- Know what precautions to take to protect your home from crime.
- Know how to make an emergency telephone call, including using mobile telephones, to call the emergency services.
- Know where the nearest public telephone box is to your house, or where you can make an emergency call should this phone be out of action.
- Make a list of useful emergency numbers.