Chef Activity Badge
To gain this badge, Cub Scouts must complete the following:
- Know the basic rules of safety and hygiene in the kitchen and the reasons for them.
- Discuss with your leader the advantages and disadvantages of different methods of preparing and cooking food.
- Discuss the importance of a balanced diet.
- Under adult supervision plan, cook, serve and clear away a two-course meal for at least two people. Discuss the menu with the people you are cooking for. It should include preparing and cooking vegetables.
The following dishes are given as suggestions:
- shepherd's pie
- curry and rice
- ham salad
- vegetable lasagna.
- Fruit crumble
- Fresh fruit salad
- Make scones, small cakes, biscuits or tarts