Astronomer Activity Badge
To gain this badge, Cub Scouts must complete the following:
- Make a model or draw a simple diagram of the solar system.
- Explain the difference between a planet and a star.
- Identify three constellations.
- Find out about and present some information on the two of the following: planets, comets, the northern lights, the sun, eclipses, meteorites, black holes, the moon, light years, space exploration or any other space-related subject.
- Observe the moon, if possible using binoculars or a telescope. Describe some of its features.
- Know how to locate and identify the pole star. Know how explorers used it to navigate and plot courses.